I came across Coach Sheetinger, a.k.a. "Sheets", at the recommendation of a friend, and I'm so grateful that I did. After scrolling through his Twitter feed (@CoachSheets3), I was blown away by his POSITIVITY, ATTENTION TO DETAIL, & COMMITMENT TO MAKING BETTER PEOPLE (not just better baseball players).
I promised to keep my notes concise; however, very difficult to do so this week because Sheets was completely transparent and pulled back the curtain giving us full access to his "why", "what", and "how" - all which led to a 2021 National Championship and a preseason #1 ranking heading into the '22 campaign.
With that said, I'll do my best to keep it short with my main takeaways:
- Mission of the program supersedes results on the field
- Authenticity and vulnerability are critical to be successful in leadership
- Championship coaches win the people battle and create a personal relationship driven environment
- How do you spend your 24 hours? Sacrifices will be required
- Thoughts become actions, actions turn to interactions, and interactions govern life. So step 1: Manage your thoughts.
- Focusing on the process and dominating the moment leads to desired results
- Being process-driven isn't just a mentality, it's a lifestyle default
- Develop team members' internal courage so that they can go attack life and act on their own thoughts and ideas