Episode 39 features Michael DiMatteo who is an author, blogger, teacher, and coach
- 4:20 - Although coaching has changed, developing relationships involving discipline and standards remains constant
- 8:42 - Great coaches are great teacher, and in order to be successful, head coaches need supportive administrators who allow the HC some autonomy in hiring teachers/coaches
- 14:05 - Days off are just as important as days on
- 35:40 - Every single day, we have the opportunity to impact somebody positively. Teachers/coaches may be the only positive force in a kid's life for that day, for that moment, for that week. That's all the motivation we need!
Episode 40 features John Belskis who is a teacher and head football coach
- 1:23 - Regardless of public or private, schools need to make both their academic and athletic programs attractive to get buy-in today
- 9:29 - Challenges of being a head coach continue to change, so we have to adapt to the times
- 17:26 - What does it take to get to the championship level?
- 20:51 - Changing culture involves raising everyone's expectations (admin, coaches, teachers, athletes, parents, etc)
- 30:09 - Focus on the process, not the prize - Michael Jordan